Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 29...Soooo Close, and a thank you to my readers

Weigh in day.

I was really hoping to drop below 250 for the first time in years, so onto the scale I stepped.

249.8....250.0

damn, hang on, stupid scale. Lets try that again

250.0

Grrrr..

Okay, down a pound again. Nothing wrong with that at all, but did the scale have to taunt me?

Anyway, it is what it is, and its still moving the right way.

I want to take a moment to thank all of you who read this. I get comments through Facebook, Twitter, and here on the blog from some of you, others talk to me in person, and some just show up and read. But I know you are there.

Why does this matter? For nights like tonight.

It's been kind of a long evening, and I really did not want to go downstairs and hit the weights. Tonight was a night I did it because I really didn't want to have to write a blog that says I didn't.

Any kind of self-improvement journey has to be done because the person wants it, not to impress or satisfy others. But every so often accountability to others can help.

Tonight you all helped me, just by being there.

Thank You.

1 comment:

Grant J. Carter said...

Darren: you are trending in the right direction. Stay focused and the scales will catch up with your desire! Cheers