Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 33...249 and beyond!

I stepped on the scale this morning, just as kind of a mid-week check in.

249.6  down about half a pound.

Let me give that number some context. I last blogged on Tuesday.

Wednesday - Karate, back starts acting up part way through class I have to stop

Thursday - back is sore, no workouts

Friday - Osteopath and Personal Trainer meeting. Determine best course of action is no Karate for 1-2 months. Also have to limit squats and lunges, cornerstones of my program.

So by today I'm pretty upset. Feels like a huge setback. But what a difference having my food in order makes. Despite these challenges, I'm still going the right way. That's hugely encouraging.

Also, below 250!  I haven't been below 250 lbs since about 4 months after I shattered my right tibia in a hockey accident. That time I got below 250 because I literally couldn't make it to the fridge. This time the measures are far less extreme.

So challenges ahead, but I'm well set up to handle them. I have a great team working with me on this.

Could I do this alone? Maybe, but I cannot begin to express how helpful it is to have people like my personal trainer Rob Foster, and my osteopath Mindy Parmar, working with me and with each other to find solutions to some of these challenges.

It goes back to this. We all face tough times. We all face things we cannot, at that moment do. But do we give in? For me the answer has to be no.

The answer lies in what we CAN do, not in what we can't. It lies in finding the help we need, or accepting it when it comes up. We're not weak because we seek this help out, we're strong for recognizing when we need it.

No comments: